Snorting Simply means sniffing or inhaling something. There is hardly any medicine or even no medicine which is prescribed for snorting unless it is an Asthma Inhaler or nasal drops. The rest lies in the abuse. Snorting drugs can cause harmful effects or can put a negative grip on your physical health or mental health.
As per National Survey, more than 270000 people are using soma for recreational purposes other than medicinal reasons. Soma is abused in many ways, such as crushing and snorting, mixing with other stimulant medicines.
A Short Brief Of Soma (Carisoprodol)
Soma, generically carisoprodol is a muscle relaxant in nature. It helps relieve the pain caused by strains, injuries, accidents, and related. As a fast affecting sedative muscle relaxer, it is a widely prescribed pain reliever. Carisoprodol is the active ingredient in Soma; the abuse of soma has been increased since the dawn of illegal prescription or street medicine/drugs.
Carisoprodol is a prescription medication. You can order soma online from a certified pharmacy, if you have a proper prescription.
Beyond the medicinal use, Soma is abused for its sedation and euphoric effect.
How Does Soma (Carisoprodol) Work?
Although called a muscle relaxer, it does not directly relaxes muscles instead, it stops the pain sensations from reaching the brain. It sedates the Nerves or Central nervous system to block pain signals. The mechanism of action is fast and effective; it is usually good for pain relieving but outweighs the risk of addiction and abuse if ingested or snorted as it directly passes into the blood causing the high effect.
Is Soma A Controlled Substance?
As per DEA, soma is a controlled scheduled IV drug, which means it has a low potential for abuse and addiction but still can make dependent. People still find different ways to increase or fuel up the sedation effect. A controlled substance is only available under a certified doctor's prescription. It is illegal to sell Soma without being licensed and verified; there are various folks soma of sale at cheap rates illegally to try to avoid them as much as possible.
Is It a Good Idea To Snort Soma?
Snorting, Crushing, Cracking, mixing soma and alcohol, or other hyper-high drugs is not a good idea. These things can make the person dependent and create significant health risk. As you snort soma, the powdered Carisoprodol frequently gushes into the bloodstream causing high effects. It relieves pain more than its original time but sedates at a higher rate than oral consumption.
Consistent usage of soma can make the user dependent. as soma is addictive. so always follow the prescription while using the soma.
Why Is There An Urge To Snort Medicine?
A substance that is snorted rapidly enters the circulation through the nasal tissues, skipping the digestive tract and liver in the process. This may cause both a quicker start of affects and a stronger high. However, this way of delivery also raises the danger of an excess and other adverse side effects of soma.
Urge drives various things in life rather it be food, sex, euphoria effect. Same way medicine gives a short term different world experience and to achieve it consistently the urge to snort medicine increases.
People can switch to faster and more dangerous methods of drug abuse as their addiction develops. A person who feels the need to stop taking drugs for recreational purposes can build up a significant tolerance and lose control of their drug use. People also include other combinations when abusing prescription drugs, such as using benzodiazepines, Xanax, and other Carisoprodol alternatives.
What Harmful Effect Can Happen When You Snort Soma?
Snorting soma is bad, even crushing and inhaling any medicine creates bad consequences that may even risk heart failure or death. Several harmful effects when you snort soma includes:
- Lack of focus
- Disturbed Social life
- Highly Sedation
- Aggressive Behaviour
- Excessive drowsiness and sleepiness
- Nasal tissues damages
- Appetite problems
Medicines You Should Avoid While Taking Soma?
When one medicine is mixed with another it can create effect more strongly or either it can deprive the other medicine. When you mix soma with medicine it can create more hallucinogenic effects or sedation. Especially alcohol and soma increase the high experience. There are several medicines which you should not mix with Soma.
Types Of Illicit Method Use To Abuse Soma
There are vast methods in which you can abuse soma, people often get too creative when they are under the extreme urge or want of high euphoria such as:
- Snorting With cocaine or other drugs
- Cough syrup and soma
- Liquefying and injecting
- Overdosing of soma for long lasting effect
Indeed various mixtures create various ways.
Treatment for soma abusers who want to stop abusing Soma for good should seek assistance from professional medical facilities or rehabilitation centers.
One can recover from soma abuse by seeking therapy from any nearby hospital or centre specializing in therapy and rehabilitation. They will admit you either as an inpatient (patient has to stay at the hospital for longer than a day in the ER) or an outpatient (patient can pay visits to the hospital and go through procedures then leave).
Gradual steps and procedures will take place to help you heal from soma abuse. Therapy can extend to months and years. In this treatment, the professional medical team will make you detoxify. To remove traces of Soma in the body and strengthen the immune system.
The doctors will conduct various therapies to help bring awareness and serenity to the patient; they might include:
- Counselling: doctors will hold counselling sessions for you to talk about your addiction and problems. This will heal you mentally.
- Support team: this will help you form connections with similar people, so you don’t feel lonely.
- Adjuvant care: adjuvant therapy is provided along with initial therapy to help a patient be active and in tune with their emotions. Adjuvant therapy includes painting, drawing, music, physical activity, sports activities, etc.
Your addiction doesn’t define you, and therapy will help you recover healthily. After the therapy, the professional team of doctors will provide you with schedules and things to keep in mind for a smooth recovery from soma abuse.
Precautions & Guidance To Use Soma In A Safe Way
- Always buy soma online or offline through certified pharmacies.
- Take the prescribed dosage.
- Get in detox mode if you are addicted to it.
- Don't use alcohol or medicines you are never aware of the effect.
Snorting soma or any other medicine is no intended and preferred to be used. It mixes directly with body fluis and blood stream and creates more sedative and strong effect which furtyhwer develop addiction and dependancy on it. It is not good to snort soma.
It is always important to take medication only as directed by a healthcare provider, and to seek help if you are struggling with addiction or drug abuse.
- February 3, Editorial StaffLast Updated:, and 2020. “Soma Muscle Relaxers: Addiction to Carisoprodol.” American Addiction Centers, americanaddictioncenters.org/prescription-drugs/soma-addiction.
- Gupta, Mayank. “Case Report: Carisoprodol Abuse in Adolescence.” Cureus, Nov. 2020, https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.11525. Accessed 1 August 2021.
- “The Dangers of Snorting Drugs L Desert Hope.” Desert Hope, deserthopetreatment.com/addiction-guide/administration-methods/snort/. Accessed 1 August 2021.
- “What Is Soma Medication? Abuse & Addiction.” Addiction Resource, 3 Aug. 2021, addictionresource.com/drugs/soma/. Accessed 03 August 2021.
- Alyssa. “Is Soma Addictive? Signs & Side Effects | Banyan Pompano.” Banyan Treatment Center, 24 Jan. 2022, www.banyantreatmentcenter.com/2022/01/24/is-soma-addictive-signs-and-side-effects-pompano/. Accessed 3 Aug. 2021.
- “Soma Withdrawal Symptoms.” DrugAbuse.com, drugabuse.com/online/soma-withdrawal-symptoms/. Accessed 2 Aug. 2021.