Time tables, schedules, and to-do lists have become necessary to track your day, so why not schedule your medicines. Taking medication as per dosage pattern and the prescribed quantity helps in the appropriate drug usage, which is positively reflected on health.
Without a dosage pattern, it will be a complete nuance and can result in several side effects. As a scheduled drug, Soma dosage is always guided to the consumer.
It is important to buy soma with the proper prescription and from the certified pharmacy to stay away from the fake product.
When your intake is more than the prescribed amount of the medicine mistakenly or knowingly, it can result in an overdose. Hence dosage and overdose guidance are necessary for perfect pain relief.
What Is Carisoprodol?
Carisoprodol is a short term used medication to treat muscle pain and discomfort. This medication used along with the other treatment, physical therapy, and rest. carisoprodol is classified as a schedule IV control substance in the US. The prescription from the certified doctor is mandatory to buy carisoprodol.
How Carisoprodol Work
Carisoprodol is a fast, effective medication that relieves muscle pain instantly. It works by blocking the nerves (pain sensation) to connect the central nervous system. Its sedative and relaxing effects are the main reason behind their instant relief, but this effect may also have the potential to abuse and may cause addiction. So do not increase the dose or duration; use it according to the prescription.
Why Knowing Dosage Necessary?
Knowing about the medicine you consume should be your health's utmost priority. Dose information helps you track your consumption and primarily controls the line of overdosage.
- You can track your dose
- There is a low chance of missing the dose
- People undergoing addiction can easily overcome
- Proper and required intake is possible through it
Dosage Of Soma
Dosage of soma can help you in maintaining a proper course of the medicine, make sure you follow the guidance of your medical advisor.
How Should Soma Be Consumed ?
Soma is a white round 2410 v pill, which is consumed with water and milk. It has zero interaction with food, so you can take it with food or empty stomach.
How Much Soma Should Be Consumed?
According to FDA 250mg to 50mg three times a day is prescribed , the course is limited upto 2 to 3 weeks.
Soma Dosage According To Population
Pediatric: Under 16 years are not prescribed to use Soma.
Geriatric: People over 65 years of age are not considered due to fatal accidents.
Kidney Conditions: Dosage is preferred for them but with caution as the kidney excretes the Soma (Carisoprodol) and thus can cause side effects.
Liver Conditions: The liver helps metabolize Soma and other medicines. Disturbances in the liver can cause severe effects; hence dosage is prescribed after the examination and if your doctor feels it is ok.
People Having liver enzyme: Also given dosage under supervision.
Pregnant or Breastfeeders: Taking soma while pregnant or breastfeeding are not recommended without consulting your doctor.
Heart conditions: Ask Your Health expert if you are undergoing heart conditions.
Allergic: People allergic to Carisoprodol are not prescribed Soma.
Off-label dose of Soma (Health Central ref): According to Health Central, Soma is a blanket sedative, not a prime muscle relaxer, as it focuses on blocking pain sensation, not the actual muscles.
The off-label use of Soma for Anxiety and headaches etc. Due to sedating CNS properties, it is sometimes used off-label, but that too under the observation of your health expert.
How Does Overdose Happen?
There are several reasons behind the overdose of Soma. Sometimes, it is genuine mistakes or sometimes the urge.
- When You Consume More than the preferred amount, mistakenly, it's an overdose.
- Overdose can be voluntary or involuntary; hence you knowingly do it, or it happens
- Voluntary overdosing is backed by the urge to get euphoric and high.
- Involuntary use is possible when you miss a dose and try to cover up at once
How To Avoid Over Dosage?
One most effective method, i.e. by following or tracking your dose.
- Talk with your doctor immediately if you overdose. It can also help in pre-addiction terms.
- Use an application or just create a table and put a tick mark according to the consumption of Soma. It will become a self-tracker.
- Control the urge to recreate by sticking with other activities
- Do not experiment with Soma with alcohol or any other recreational agents.
- Get your dosage rightly understood. In case of overdosage call911
Effects Of Soma Overdose?
Overdose brings in more quantities of the active ingredient Carisoprodol in the body, which stays and metabolizes in the blood. With such a large quantity, the effect of it also increases and becomes severe, backed by side effects.
- Losing Balance
- Nasal Congestion
- Muscle stiffness
- Skin Rash
- Anxiousness and depression
- Lack of focus
Dose and overdose are a connected systems of consuming Soma Carisoprodol). As a controlled drug, Soma should be taken and followed as per the information and instruction given above for its best and perfect use. Muscle pain relaxers like Soma is addictive and are often overdosed and misused, so remember the medicine is for the good of our health, but eliciting the usage can put you in severe health situations.
- Ronald C. Backer, Ross Zumwalt, Patricia McFeeley, Sparks Veasey, Nancy Wohlenberg, Carisoprodol Concentrations from Different Anatomical Sites: Three Overdose Cases, Journal of Analytical Toxicology, Volume 14, Issue 5, September-October 1990, Pages 332–334, Available at https://doi.org/10.1093/jat/14.5.332 Accessed on 31/08/2021
- Chegondi, M., Badheka, A., Chacham, S. and Kahana, M., 2019. Intravenous Lipid Emulsion Rescue Therapy in a Child with Carisoprodol Overdose. Cureus, 11(11). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6935339/ Accessed on 31/08/2021
- Vo, Kathy T., et al. “Severe Carisoprodol Withdrawal after a 14-Year Addiction and Acute Overdose.” The Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 52, no. 5, May 2017, pp. 680–83, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2016.11.015. Accessed 10 Apr. 2023.
- “Carisoprodol - an Overview | ScienceDirect Topics.” Www.sciencedirect.com, www.sciencedirect.com/topics/pharmacology-toxicology-and-pharmaceutical-science/carisoprodol. Accessed 10 Apr. 2023.