Prosoma is one of the potential muscle relaxants composed using Carisoprodol. It performs effectively in treating conditions associated with muscle pain or injury. Centurion laboratories are the official manufacturers of Prosoma situated in India.
Carisoprodol is the vital ingredient that does its job well. It’s an active agent that blends with other supporting components to calm the infected area respectively.
The mechanism executes by preventing the pain sensation from transmitting between the nerves and the brain. Once the discomforting area is numb, the muscles will feel relaxed.
Prosoma is a painkiller used to treat aches linked with injury, post-operative surgery, soreness, spinal cord pain, or other circumstances. Even sensations caused due by stress, sprain, or soreness are healed using this pill.
Warnings of Prosoma
- Do not consume this medication if you are allergic to it.It can be habit-forming and can also cause addiction, overdose, or may occur death.
- Never share this drug with anyone, even if another person has the same problem or symptoms.
- The drug side effects can impair your thinking. Be careful if you decide to drive or work on any machinery that requires mental alertness
- Avoid drinking alcohol; it can increase drowsiness caused by the medicine.
- Do not discontinue using the medicines on your own. You may have withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor. They will reduce your dose accordingly before stopping the treatment completely.
Side effects of Prosoma
Let’s look at the side effects which may affect the person’s health before making them fit entirely.
Common side effects are
Severe allergic reactions to Soma are- hives, difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, tongue, and throat.
Stop taking the drug if you have:
• High level of serotonin in your body.
An interaction between Prosoma and another component may prevent you from receiving the expected outcome. A person dealing with drug interaction might have to face unwanted possessions resulting in adverse health conditions. According to researchers, the below drugs are likely to interact with Prosoma. Some of them include-
Dosage of Prosoma
Your professional expert is the authorized person to decide a Prosoma dose for you. But, based on authentic information mention on legit websites, we’ve listed out usual dosage prescribed by healthcare officers.
• The usual Carisoprodol dosage can be around 250-350 mg thrice a day. Follow your doctor’s direction.
• You can take medicine with a sufficient glassful of water, either with or without a meal.
• If you miss your dose, take it immediately but avoid taking it if your next dose is near. It’s better to skip a dose rather than double doses.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Carisoprodol is a schedule class IV drug that might cause an adverse reaction to an infant’s health. Therefore, doctors do not recommend this dose to prevent fatal issues. The drug is also not recommended for breastfeeding as it may pass into the breast milk and could have undesired effects on the infant’s health.
Prosoma is a muscle relaxant. One can only get the drug with the help of a doctor’s prescription. There may be other side effects of the drugs, too, apart from those mentioned above. It is recommended to consult your doctor if you have any further queries regarding anything about the drug. Always follow the doctor’s suggestions and directions. Never overdose or abuse the drug. Take prompt medical assistance if you need it.