Medicines are generic as well as branded. The difference between them is that one should have a name on it, and the other is referred to and sold under the generic name of it, i.e., the active ingredient. Prosoma is a medicine having the same active ingredient as Soma.
Differences between medicines can be identified through their price range, availability, effectiveness, etc. Some prefer the same brand, while some generic drugs depend upon their suitability.
Prosoma is one of the potential muscle relaxants composed using Carisoprodol. It performs effectively in treating conditions associated with muscle pain or injury. Centurion Laboratories is the official manufacturer of Prosoma situated in India.
What Is Prosoma?
Prosoma is a branded medicine made with the active ingredient Carisoprodol. It's an active agent that blends with other supporting components to calm the affected area. It is used to treat the pain caused by muscle injuries, sprains, accidents, back pain, leg pain, and other muscle pain.
Prosoma is a painkiller to treat aches linked with injury, post-operative surgery, soreness, spinal cord pain, or other circumstances. Even sensations caused by stress, sprain, or soreness are healed using this pill.
How Prosoma Works?
The mechanism executes by preventing the pain sensation from transmitting between the nerves and the brain. Once the discomforting area is numb, the muscles will feel relaxed after some time. The quick mechanism of Carisoprodol is due to the sedation of the central nervous system that blocks the pain signals from reaching the brain. Being a musculoskeletal relaxant, it does not directly relax the muscles. Instead, it works on the nervous system.
Is Prosoma A Controlled Drug?
The critical ingredient of Prosoma is Carisoprodol which is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance. As branded medicine is made up of the same element, thus it is identified as a controlled substance. Many times the masses wonder, is Soma a narcotic substance? To be subtle and straightforward, it is not a narcotic substance rather carisoprodol controlled substance.
Prosoma Is Addictive Just As Soma?
(Carisoprodol)Soma is addictive. The continuous usage of Carisoprodol or its branded version for longer makes the user dependent on it. This medicine is also Sideline famous for its euphoric effect, and it is abused hence another reason to control its supply and distribution. Prosoma is for acute pain treatment; more extended use can make the body dependent and lead to Carisoprodol addictions.
Dosage Of Prosoma
Your professional medical expert can decide on a Prosoma dose based on authentic information on legit websites. We've listed out the usual dosage prescribed by healthcare officers.
• The usual Carisoprodol dosage can be around 250-350 mg thrice daily. Follow your doctor's direction.
• You can take medicine with a sufficient glassful of water, either with or without a meal.
• If you miss your dose, take it immediately but avoid it if your following amount is near. It's better to skip a quantity rather than double doses.
Forms And Strength
Prosoma is available in white tablets and has several strengths. It can differ as per the country's norms some forces may not be available in retail pharmacies.
Form: White circular oral tablet
Strength: 250mg, 350mg
There's also a version of 500mg which is the high dose availability of it differs in states.
What Important Information Should You Know About Prosoma?
Per the saying, precaution is better than cure, and Prosoma is addictive due to abuse or constant long-term usage. It can create the problems of addiction. There are also basic guidelines to make the proper usage of it.
- It is an acute treatment of pain intended for a short time.
- Heart patients should take special precautions, as Carisoprodol affects the heart.
- Sudden Stopping of the medicine can create side effects. Don't Stop without consultation.
- It would be best if you did not mix it with alcohol or other antidepressants.
- Avoid manual work or work that needs mental attention.
- Less than 16 should not be treated with this medicine, and the same for 35 years and up.
- People having liver kidney-related issues should use it with great caution.
Warnings of Prosoma
Do not consume this medication if you are allergic to it. It can be habit-forming and can also cause addiction, overdose, or may occur in death.
- Never share this drug with anyone, even if someone has the same problem or symptoms.
- The drug side effects can impair your thinking. Be careful if you drive or work on any machinery requiring mental alertness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol; it can increase drowsiness caused by the medicine.
- Do not discontinue using the medicines on your own. You may have withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor. They will reduce your dose accordingly before stopping the treatment completely.
Side effects Of Prosoma
Common side effects of Soma
- increased heart rate,
- upset stomach
- puking, and skin rashes
Serious Side Effects Of Soma
Face flushing (sudden reddening)
- Low blood pressure, which may result in syncope
- Depression, anxiety, and other
- Nausea, abdominal pain (stomach region)
- Blood issues such as insufficient white blood cells chance of blood infection.
Severe allergic reactions to Soma are- hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, tongue, and throat.
Stop taking the drug if you have:
• High level of serotonin in your body.
An interaction between Prosoma and another component may prevent you from receiving the expected outcome. A person dealing with drug interaction might face unwanted possessions resulting in adverse health conditions. According to researchers, the below drugs are likely to interact with Prosoma. Some of them include the following-
Some More Interactions:
Opioids: Taking Soma with opiates increases the chance of central nervous system (CNS) depression, including respiratory depression, coma, and mortality.
Benzodiazepines: Prosoma, in conjunction with benzodiazepines, can raise the chance of depression in the central nervous system.
Alcohol consumption while on Prosoma may raise the chance of CNS depression and impede cognitive and motor skills.
Antidepressants: Prosoma can enhance the effects of some antidepressants, especially tricyclic antidepressants, increasing the risk of CNS depression.
Sedatives: Using Prosoma in conjunction with sedatives may raise the chance of CNS depression.
Soma can enhance the effects of antihistamines, resulting in more significant lethargy and CNS melancholy.
Anti-seizure medications: Because Soma can reduce the efficacy of anti-seizure drugs, it is critical to address them with your doctor.
Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
Carisoprodol is a scheduled class IV drug that might cause an adverse reaction to an infant's health. Therefore, doctors do not recommend this dose to prevent fatal issues. The drug is also not recommended for breastfeeding as it may pass into the breast milk and could have undesired effects on the infant's health.
Prosoma is a muscle relaxant. One can only get the drug with the help of a doctor's prescription. The drugs may also have other side effects apart from those mentioned above. You must consult your doctor for further queries about the medication. Always follow the doctor's suggestions and directions. Never overdose or abuse the drug. Take prompt medical assistance if you need it. Soma while pregnant is not suggested usually.
Prosoma, another name for the Carisoprodol drug, effectively decreases muscle pain and spasms. The authorities control a controlled substance hence the availability and sale of the drug. To properly use it, follow the guidelines for acute treatment. Recreational use is non-intended for any medicine. In a nutshell, an effective brand of muscle relaxer.