Along with its required effects, Carisoprodol may cause some unwanted side effects as well. Although not all of the side effects may occur, however, if they do, they may need immediate medical attention.
Central Nervous System: Carisoprodol can cause several dysfunctions of the Central Nervous System (CNS), such as Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, ataxia, vertigo, tremors, seizures, agitation, irritability, depressive reactions, syncope, and insomnia.
Cardiovascular: Cardiovascular problems are abnormalities of the heart and blood vessels like arrhythmia, postural hypotension, and tachycardia.
Gastrointestinal: Gastrointestinal side effects are concerned with the gastrointestinal tract causing uncomfortable conditions such as epigastric discomfort, nausea, and vomiting.
Hematologic: Hematologic side effects are related to health problems of the blood and blood vessels like pancytopenia and leukopenia.
Check with your doctor immediately if these symptoms occur:
- Throbbing chest pain
- Black, tarry stools
- Severe chills
- Extreme sweating
- Fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- Loss of bladder control
- Painful or difficult urination
- Muscle spasm or jerking of all extremities
- Shortness of breath
- Sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- Swollen glands
- Sudden loss of consciousness
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
Some common side effects of Carisoprodol may occur that generally do not require medical attention. These side effects may reduce or go away entirely during treatment as your body adjusts to the medication. Consult your health care professional as they may be able to guide you about measures to prevent or lessen some of these side effects.
Get in touch with your health care professional if any of the following side effects are continuous or are bothersome.
Common side effects of Carisoprodol
- Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness while getting up suddenly from a sitting or lying position
- Deep or fast breathing
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
- Dilated pupils
- Face is warm or hot to touch
- Redness of the face
- Slight pain or discomfort in the throat, chest, or upper stomach.
- Numbness of the feet, hands, and around the mouth
- Sensation of spinning
- Trouble sleeping
- Unsteadiness, trembling, or other mobility problems with muscle control or coordination
Some more serious adverse effects of abuse and misuse of Carisoprodol are building a tolerance, dependence, and addiction that may lead to fatal overdoses, heart attacks, or strokes.
Carisoprodol withdrawal side effects
If the medication is consumed exactly as prescribed by your healthcare provider, the possible withdrawal effects will be mild. However, if the medication is used for a prolonged time in excessive amounts, a serious withdrawal syndrome may occur.
- Heart distress
- Muscle twitching