Medicine goes under various processes when you consume it. It mixes with saliva, gastric juices, then the liver metabolizes it to get into the bloodstream. Many processes are going on and it takes time to get the effect of the medicine. Many folks are concerned about how long it stays in the system. This type of question is very good for deciding the medicines or identifying the need as per your medical background.
Soma is usually prescribed for muscle pain. To know about the elimination time it is necessary to know about the work , mechanism, interactions, half life etc. Carisoprodol is a controlled substance hence it is necessary to know how long it stays in system.
A Short Brief Of Soma
Painosoma is a brand of pain medication that is sold in the market, while Carisoprodol is its generic name. The medication has muscle relaxing properties that create a barrier wall against the painful sensations transmitting between the nerves and the brain.
Muscle spasms, strains, tension, muscle injuries, and sprains are some of the primary disorders treated using Soma. It develops relaxing sensations that help a person combat pain. Read on to know its mechanism and how long does Carisoprodol stay in your system. This information is subjective to market research; for personal usage, consult with your clinician.
Soma shows better recuperation results when combined with rest and alternative therapy. The standard carisoprodol schedule is for up to three weeks; no practical results have been demonstrated for long-term use until now. Also, it is not advisable to consume for more than three weeks, as it can be habit-forming.
How Does Soma Work?
Soma performs by affecting the transmission between nerves and the central nervous system. Carisoprodol is an active agent that contains meprobamate, which breaks down in the body. Its mechanism helps regulate the calming signals in the brain, affecting the pain intensity by overcoming the discomforting feeling.
The tablet stays in the metabolism for up to six hours, once released, its properties within thirty minutes of consumption.
To know about the elimination time of soma it is necessary to understand the process of how it works. As the diet can also affect the time it stays in the system.
What Is The Half Life of Soma ?
Half life refers to the time taken by a medicine to release its 50 percent effect in the body. The half life of Soma (carisoprodol) is about 1 to 3 hours. The metabolism of soma can be affected due to kidney or liver disease.
Factors That Affect How Long Soma Stay In Your System
- Diet And Food: High fat meal takes time to digest and so does t affect the metabolization of soma
- Metabolism: The faster the metabolism the faster the effect and elimination simultaneously.
- Dose: The prescribed dose also states how much soma will stay in your system.
- Medical History: If you are taking other medication, there is a possibility of interaction between soma and them which results in longer elimination time.
How Long Soma Stays in Your System?
For a single dose to completely eliminate, eleven hours is the estimated hours defined. Few metabolites loiter in the system and survive up to four days. Again, the time fluctuates depending upon the individual’s metabolism speed. As observed among the older people, the elimination duration increases due to delay in the excretion process.
Meprobamate and carisoprodol can be screened in the blood and urine test after several days from last consumption. In blood samples, it may detect up to one day after the previous dose. However, hair test tenure is the longest; the results may show positive up to a month after last consumption.
For those going for an employment drug test, carisoprodol will not necessarily show in the urine test. However, if you have consumed more than the standard dose, then in such cases a carisoprodol drug test can result as positive.
The test results vary on biological factors such as age, gender, weight, height, medical history, or combination medication record. To get more precise test results, disclose your several dose consumptions to your lab technician.
Carisoprodol, when interacted with other drugs, could lead to a severe impact on your health. It is advisable to have a word with your doctor regarding your current medications or past medical history. Tell your physician about other complementary medicines you may use for strength or muscle building, such as vitamins, muscle gaining supplements, steroids, or protein powder.
Combining carisoprodol, aspirin, and codeine may also lead to serious drug interactions.
Do not forget to inform, if you had a history of addiction, abuse, or have used antidepressants and tranquilizers in your past. This proactive discussion will help you to protect yourself from drug interactions and adverse reactions.
If you are an asthma patient or have lung disorders, you should try to have alternative medication which will have a lesser impact on respiratory depression. Also, stop drinking adulterated drinks while you are on course, as Carisoprodol 350 mg may get you high, with boosted sedative feeling.
Before initiating your first dose, make sure to read the label carefully. Verify the expiry date and look for ingredients to know if you are allergic to any of them. Read the doctor’s private prescription and follow the instructions given to avoid Carisoprodol abuse.
A Few Generic Preventive Measures Include
- Do not get soma online (malicious websites) or any street vendors, as it can cause damage to your system. If you want to buy soma always prefer a certified pharmacy.
- Do not take soma while pregnant as it may affect the baby’s health.
- Those who are depressed and have other mental disorders avoid using this drug.
- Older adults above 50 years of age should go for alternative medication other than Soma.
- Mixing Soma and alcohol are not an excellent combination for your health; avoid it.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery, as it can have a drowsy effect.
Carisoprodol Side Effects
Get professional help if you find odd behavioral changes in your system. Due to its potential meprobamate molecule, there might be a chance of your body reacting weirdly.
Therefore, record all the changes observed and tell your doctor so that he could take preventive actions accordingly.
Soma side-effects include drowsiness, head pain, irregular pulse rate, confusion, slow thought process, diarrhea, skin rashes, and frustration. Immediately bring your doctor to notice your skin allergy, hives, respiratory depression, swollen face, lips or tongue, throat itching.
Stick to the exact prescription as directed to avoid adverse effects. Contact your doctor if you have seizures, hallucinations, shivering, sweating, fast heartbeat, muscle twitching and stiffness, fever, acidity, or weakness.
To avoid the side effects Follow the doctor’s guidelines. When stopping the medication, intimate your expert. The sudden stoppage may lead to additional withdrawal symptoms.
Avoid extending the dose to prevent tolerance and dependency. Always get soma online or through offline pharmacies which are authorized and trusted.
Soma stays in the system for 11 hours and also after the metabolization and elimination it can be found in urine and blood for several days. Hence it can confirm it takes about 4 /5 days to eliminate from the system completely.
Other factors like your diet, other medication, medical history combination with other medicines can vary the elimination time.
- “Carisoprodol.” Go.drugbank.com, go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00395. Accessed 2 May 2021.
- DRUG PLASMA HALF-LIFE and URINE DETECTION WINDOW | OCTOBER 2021. 3 May 2021, www.aruplab.com/files/resources/pain-management/DrugAnalytesPlasmaUrine.pdf.
- “How Long Does Soma Stay in Your System? Carisoprodol Half-Life.” Addiction Resource, addictionresource.com/drugs/soma/how-long-stays-in-system/. Accessed 4 May 2021.
- “Will Soma Show up Basically the Same as Oxycodone in a Urine Test?” MedsChat, www.medschat.com/Discuss/Urine-Test-will-soma-show-up-basically-the-same-as-oxycodone-If-not-how-long-does-it-take-to-get-the-soma-out-of-your-system-242000.htm. Accessed 2 May 2021.