Carisoprodol is sold under the brand name Carisoma. It eases the pain and discomfort related to extreme muscle-skeletal conditions such as tension, stiffness, and muscle spasms. Wallace Pharmaceuticals Ltd. manufactures Carisoma. They are one of the veteran producers of muscle relaxants located in India since 1969.
The drug works by blocking the chemical messengers in the brain that are responsible for generating painful sensations. Carisoma effectively relieves muscle stiffness, thereby improving muscle movement.
The Carisoma compound treats pain caused by muscle spasms, headaches, rheumatic pain, menstrual pain, migraine, backache, etc. According to few trusted sources, Carisoma is also used among premature infants as a therapeutical treatment against cold, apnea, or ear pain. However, we would advise you to consult a professional expert for making wiser health decisions.
According to the researchers, the effect of the drug can be observed within 30 minutes after intake with an average lasting duration of 4- 6 consecutive hours.
Carisoma is made by combining three distinct molecules, namely- Carisoprodol, Caffeine, and Paracetamol. These are the best of components complementing the therapeutical properties making Carisoma a renowned muscle relaxant.
Dosage form- Many practitioners, consider Carisoma 350 mg the standard dose for treating muscle pain in adults. The dosage varies depending upon the individual’s age, gender, and pain intensity. So, it’s always better to follow the ideal proportion instructed by your physician at the time of consultation.
Side effects of Carisoma
When any foreign material like Carisoma enters your body, particular chemical interaction occurs, which might seem unfavorable. Let’s see some recurring effects which is typically found among individuals.
General side effects:
Severe side effects are:
• Increased heart rate
• Skin rash
For a detailed list of side effects, please speak to your doctor. If any side effects get worse or do not go away quickly, consult your doctor and take medical help. Do not take the side effects for granted.
• Take medicine according to what your physician has advised you.
• Do not chew, crush or break the pill. Swallow it as a whole.
• A person can take medicine with or without food intake.
• If you miss a dose, take it immediately but never take it if it’s time for your next dose. Do not double dose.
• Discuss with your doctor about your medical condition, history, or medicines you are on.
• The drug should be used with caution in patients having a history of renal or liver diseases.
• People under 16 years should not take medicine as safety is yet not clinically established.
• People above 65-year-old may be more sensitive towards the drug.
• Avoid drinking alcohol as it may cause more drowsiness and can worsen the side effect.
• Do not drive or operate any hazardous machinery that demands mental alertness.
Carisoma during Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Though there are no adequate studies use of Carisoprodol among pregnant women. Still, it is better to consult your doctor before taking medicine. Your physician will see if the benefit is overweighting the potential risk before prescribing the treatment to you.
Your doctor can rightly answer if this drug is probably safe to take while breastfeeding. The limited information available online shows that the medicine may not harm a newborn’s health miserably. The drug should be only used when needed, and the infant should be monitored.
The drug should be utilized as directed by your healthcare service provider. Do not share the medicine with anyone, even if the person has the same clinical problems. One should not stop using the drug suddenly on their own without consulting the doctor. Discontinuing the medication may lead to Carisoprodol withdrawal symptoms.