Methocarbamol is a drug that used for making the muscle normal. It is used as a muscle reliever. It helps in making the pain less effective on the body muscles. It treats the symptoms such as muscle spasms, injury, or tetanus, with a generic name, whereas the familiar brand is Robaxin.
It has a drug class of muscle relaxers. You can also purchase Robaxin online from certified online pharmacy, but the medicine should be taken only as directed by the doctor.
Relieving blood clots is done by blood thinners. Blood thinners are medicines that substantially impact blood clots to make them accessible. It also acts as a solution for the clots to get bigger (Sibrack, J. and Hammer, R., 2020. Methocarbamol).
Is Methocarbamol a Blood Thinner?
No, Methocarbamol is used to relieve pain in the muscles. It is used in different physical therapy, which works as a muscle reliever.
Methocarbamol can be used alone without other medicines if the person wants to get rid of muscle pain. Another drug (aspirin) or (methocarbamol plus) works as a blood thinner (Jildeh, T.R., Khalil, L.S., Abbas, M.J., Moutzouros, V. and Okoroha, K.R., 2021).
Why is Methocarbamol used?
Methocarbamol is a drug used as a muscle reliever and used for muscle spasms. A muscle spasm occurs when the muscle is overused or any stress built up.
Muscle pain is even caused due to over-exercising as well, and the problems related to muscle pain and stiffness (Sibrack, J. and Hammer, R., 2020. Methocarbamol).
Ways to take Methocarbamol?
For the very first, you should read the ways of having medicine on the package or even get a recommendation from a doctor.
There are two forms of drugs in this
- Tablet form which has to be eaten orally
- The injection form has to be taken under medical practitioner guidance.
1- Tablet form
2- Injection form
100mg (per ml)
Side effects for Methocarbamol
Types of side effects:
- Normal effects which can be seen after consuming
- The person might feel a headache
- The person might feel fainting out or sleepy
- A slight feeling of the head being heavy
- Feeling sober
- If the person has any allergic reactions such as rashes over the body, itching, face getting swollen up, breathlessness, Chest might have mild pain.
- Suppose the person is facing symptoms of Angioedema. This includes swelling at specific places on the face or other parts of the body, swelling on the throat, and pain in the abdomen.
- If the person is facing a slow heartbeat, lower blood pressure.
- If the person faces a swelling on the muscle or where the injection has been injected.
- Jaundice, which means the eyes and skin getting yellowish.
- If the person is fainting or feels lazy, it can lead to low white blood count, which will not fight against the medicine injected.
- If the person feels like memory loss.
- If the person is facing vision issues, the person starts to get his vision blurred or doubled vision.
- Eyes might become watery, and the eyes would get itchy.
- If the person is facing any brain-related issues such as seizures.
If the person faces any severe issues, they should quickly contact their doctor before making the situation worse. You should always consult the doctor, which can be easy to not get into some serious trouble (Sibrack, J. and Hammer, R., 2020. Methocarbamol).
What if you Overdose?
If you have overdosed or have a feeling of passing out, or any other severe happenings with your body, then you should consult a doctor as soon as possible (Sibrack, J. and Hammer, R., 2020. Methocarbamol).
What if you missed a Dose?
You should not panic or have any other thoughts in your mind; it’s okay if you miss a dose. You should remember that you should not double up the amount if one is forgotten (Sibrack, J. and Hammer, R., 2020. Methocarbamol).
Pros of having a Methocarbamol
- You can have an intense relief
- You can feel that your muscle pains getting low
- Muscle spasm can state in relief mode.
Cons of having methocarbamol
- The person consuming Robaxin may feel sleepy every time
- The person might get a fever
- Heartbeats could be a little low
- The vision could be effected
- Not valid for the people who have allergies, which can be taken only after a doctors prescription
Methocarbamol is not used as a blood thinner. Other variants of medicines add to the methocarbamol, which can be used in a blood thinner process.