What if we Consume Flexeril and Ibuprofen together?
What are the Uses of Flexeril and Ibuprofen?
Flexeril belongs to the drug class called Muscle relaxants. It works against the pain and discomfort caused by muscle injuries and muscle strains. Flexeril, also known as Cyclobenzaprine, can also be used with other medications as a combination.
Ibuprofen belongs to the drug class Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which helps treat fever and pain caused due to various disorders. It is available as tablets as well as gel. Ibuprofen can be used in combination with other medications as well.
What are the Warnings of Flexeril and Ibuprofen Together?
- Have heart block, congestive heart failure, heart disease, or had a recent heart attack.
- Having a thyroid disorder.
- Having difficulties while urinating.
- Taken MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days.
- Having high blood pressure
- Having stomach problems and stomach ulcers
- Having liver and kidney problems.
- Over the age of 60.
What are the Side Effects?
Common side effects:
- Drowsiness, tiredness
- Headache, dizziness
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach, nausea, constipation.
Serious side effects leading to termination of medication:
- Chest pain, pain going in the shoulder and jaw.
- Balance problems, numbness on one side of the body.
- Irregular and fast heartbeats.
Consuming any medication together could be harmful for individual. Although this can lead to serious side effects like drowsiness and nausea. There is no interaction found between Flexeril and Ibuprofen together still you should always consult a doctor before consuming any medication.