Duoflex, a carisoprodol tablet, is indicated to relieve discomfort associated with acute painful musculoskeletal disorders. Duoflex can be used for a short period (two to three weeks), but sufficient evidence of efficacy after prolonged use has not been provided for these conditions due to the short duration between dosage and administration.
Carisoprodol is an oral muscle relaxant used for recovery, physical therapy, and short-term relief of acute painful muscles and skeletal disorders in adults. The intensity of the side effects of carisoprodol tends to decrease as the therapy continues as is the case with many other medications. However, for patients undergoing therapy, it can have a range of calming side effects that can affect patients’ ability to operate firearms, motor vehicles, and other machinery of various kinds, to take alcoholic medicines, and, in some cases, to consider Carisoprodol alternative medicines.
What are the Active ingredients of Duoflex Pills?
It comprises Bisacodyl as its active ingredient. It belongs to the group of stimulant laxatives that help to treat constipation. It operates by stimulating the action of the intestinal walls, making them incur and defecate easily. These are usually recommended to stop and manage short-term constipation. Carisoprodol, Diclofenac, Chlorzoxazone are the active ingredients in Duoflex pills.
What are the Side effects of Duoflex Pills?
If you are concerned about side effects, discuss the risks and benefits of each medication with your doctor. Your doctor may need to change the dose of your medication or monitor you closely. Side effects are adverse reactions to the drug when taken in normal doses. The following side effects have been reported in up to 1% of people taking the drug. The side effects of a drug are determined by several factors, such as the severity of the disease or the condition of the individual patient. In a common condition such as fever, the same dose of paracetamol (500 mg) as the drug is used for the patient, but the drug may be available in different doses.
Some common side effects are-
- Mild stomach pain or heartburn
If you are experiencing some different side effects then it is recommended to visit to your physician.
Warnings and Precautions for Duoflex pills.
Take care of these things while taking the medications: –
- The medications may cause dizziness so make sure you don’t drive and do activities that involve machinery which involves alertness until you know how to react to it.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while you are on this medication.
- Consult your physician or pharmacist if you have any doubts or issues.
- As the medicines will make you dizzy and it may increase in fever, alcohol or hot weather. To prevent this, sit and stand slowly especially in the morning.
- Take the medicines as recommended by the doctor. Never raise your dosage on your own.
- If elderly people are treated with these medications, then they have to be more cautious as they can be more sensitive to it.
- The medication should be used with extreme caution in children below 16 years old, the safety of the medication is still not been established.
- Women in pregnancy or breastfeeding should discuss with the physician about the risks and benefits before taking the medication.
- Severe stomach ulcer or bleeding can occur with the use of Diclofenac. Taking it for a longer time, smoking, or consuming alcohol can increase the risk of side effects.
- Do not use aspirin while you are taking Diclofenac unless your doctor tells you to.
- Check with your physician or pharmacologist before you take acetaminophen while you are using Diclofenac. The uncertainty of liver difficulties may be increased.
- Do not switch between different forms of Diclofenac unless your physician tells you to.
- Some brands of Diclofenac include gelatin and should not be consumed by individuals who are allergic to bovine proteins.
- It is important to consult a doctor regarding medication and pills. No, it is not recommended to take tablets with milk.
- The prolonged or excessive intake of these tablets may expose you to the risk of extreme dehydration in severe cases.
How much Consumption of Duoflex is Safe?
Do not increase your dose or use any medication longer than prescribed. The risk is higher if you have a substance use disorder, such as overuse or drug or alcohol dependence. Tell your doctor if you or someone in your family drink or consume large amounts of alcohol, take or use street drugs, take prescription drugs excessively, have an overdose, or suffers from depression or other mental illness.
The recommended dosage is 200 mg and Diclofenac Sodium 50 mg. In the ingestion of a 50 mg tablet, the mean plasma concentration is 1.5 mcg /ml (5 mcmol / H) which is reached on average at 2 hours.
Drinking alcohol or taking any of these medications, especially Soma and Tramadol, increases the risk of serious or life-threatening side effects.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carisoprodol Accessed on 31/07/2021
https://www.sanofi.in/-/media/Project/One-Sanofi-Web/Websites/Asia-Pacific/Sanofi-IN/Home/science-and-innovation/for-healthcare-professionals/product-information/Dulcoflex_PI.pdf?la=en\ Accessed on 31/07/2021
DailyMed. “DICLOFENAC EPOLAMINE: DailyMed provides trustworthy information about marketed drugs in the United States. DailyMed is the official provider of FDA label information. https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/search.cfm?labeltype=all&query=DICLOFENAC+EPOLAMINE Accessed on 31/07/2021
FDA/SPL Indexing Data. “144O8QL0L1: The UNique Ingredient Identifier (UNII) is an alphanumeric substance identifier from the joint FDA/USP Substance Registration System (SRS). https://www.fda.gov/industry/fda-resources-data-standards/fdas-global-substance-registration-system Accessed on 31/07/2021